Automatic transfer switches are used to automatically change over from the main electrical supply to stand-by generators or generate on failure of the main supply.
When the main supply is restored, the system automatically changes back and stops the generator. The stand-by generator will eventually be shut down after a short cooling down period.
These panels are provided with mechanically or electrically interlocked pole contactors or MCCB.
- Operated both automatically and manually.
- Employ a Breaker closing time delay instilled in order to avoid current and voltage surges.
- Employ automated sensing for:
- Under voltage
- Phase failure
- Phase sequence
- Instilled with Generator start/stop commands
- And Indicate:
- Incoming voltage
- Engine running/faulty conditions
- MCCB On/Trip conditions
- Engine tests run position for routine test of engines.
- Status signals for remote indications.